Friday, June 28, 2013

It's the final countdown!

I can't believe I'm saying it, but its T-minus 7 days until show time.. I hope! It's 100 percent true that the last few weeks of pregnancy are the hardest! I am dragging my kankles around every day hoping that each pain I feel will be the start of the end of this journey. So far not much has happened! Baby boy is clearly a little too comfy in there and feels the need to be a typical man and make a woman wait.

The nursery is almost completely organized to my liking, the hospital bags are packed, the car seat is ready to be thrown in the car, and my emotions are all over the place! I have been telling Andrew for the past couple of weeks that it is crunch time and we have to be ready. He replied with, "oh great you have that disease." Yes he means the completely normal disease called nesting! And thats when I said good riddance thank goodness for mommies!

It's crazy to think that 9 months ago I was staring at a little plus sign and now I'm staring at a big round belly that feels like It's hanging to my knees! Pregnancy is beautiful yet challenging so here is what I hope to be the the last pregnancy update:

-Our son's name is Mason
-I am a hot swollen mess in this heat!
-I officially haven't thrown up in 9 weeks
-Mason has way more clothes than I do
-It's funny to watch my stomach when he gets the hiccups, and the feeling makes me laugh
-His movements now are very visible and it's hilarious/weird to watch my whole stomach move
-In fact the best part of the day is feeling him move around.. even if it is more like powerful blows to my ribs and bladder
-Mason is already so loved by so many people that it brings tears to my eyes
-I hardly sleep anymore and can't possibly imagine being more exhausted than I am now. The scary thing is I know I will be
-Wearing clothes at this point is just plain uncomfortable
-I have learned to never point my toes to stretch especially when I'm sleeping because this triggers a Charlie horse in about 1 second
-It's ok to demand a back and foot rub everyday. Sometimes that is the only thing that keeps you sane
-I am so anxious to meet my little guy that it seems like he'll never get here!
-The best advice I have gotten and would give to all is to do what YOU feel is right and what YOU feel is best. Someone is always going to have an opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment