Thursday, August 18, 2011

OW!

Its been a busy couple of weeks trying to get everything ready for our new apartment.  Packing has got to be the worst thing on the planet! However I am super excited to get everything in our new place and all set up.  A few weeks ago we stumbled across a furniture store that was closing and we found a really nice couch, (even the perfect color that I wanted) for a really great price! After that find I got really excited and had all these ideas for the living room.  So I went to target and found a bookcase.. an impossibly heavy bookcase I might add.  As I was lifting the box from the cart into my car, I hurt my shoulder.  It was a really bad pain!  The next day I ended up falling on our roller blading adventure (a whole nother story for another time) and hurt it even more.  The past two weeks it has just killed to lift anything at all and simple things like lifting my arm to put on my makup, rolling up the car window and typing are so painful. sleeping is also difficult because it just throbs.  Finally I went to a physical therapist to get it checked out.  It turns out I strained my rotator cuff and will be needing physical therapy for a little bit.  It is feeling slightly better now, but lifting is still out of the question.  Perfect timing since we are moving this weekend! I don't really mind just supervising :) I really need to get myself a better story as to how this injury happened.. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment