Friday, August 5, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

Andrew and I just got called to be primary teachers in our ward.  We have the 7-8 year old class.  The kids are hilarious!  There are about 6 boys and 1 girl.. so naturally its a bit of a rowdy group.  We have only taught once so far, but it is so fun!  During our first class we played a get to know you question game.  Their first question was, "how tall are you?"  and then there was a bunch of giggling because they are nearly as tall as me. 
One little boy asked andrew, "do you have a girlfriend?"  Andrew said, "no, I have a wife."  and the little boy repsonded, "well yeah, but do you have a girlfriend?"  lol!
That same little boy later on asked us how long we have been married.  We told him we've been married for almost a year and a half.  He got this shocked look on his face and said, "and you don't have a baby yet?? You need to have one tomorrow!" Haha I can't even count how many times I have been asked the whole when are you having a baby question, but I never thought I would be reprimanded by an 8 year old! I guess by Utah terms we are a little behind schedule..


So far thats all of the primary fun I have to share.  In other news, Andrew and I just found a nice apartment.  Not sure if we're switching wards or not yet.  I would love to stay since we just became teachers, but our new church would be extremely closer to where we will be living.  We are so excited to have our own place again!  It's not quite a house yet, but we we will get there eventually.  We are just so excited to be on our own! I have a ton of cute ideas on how to decorate and I cannot wait to get started.  Although decorating on a tight budget does take time.. its so fun to dream.  I also promised him that once we got in to our own place, I would be better about cooking dinner.  I like the idea of being a good cook, but when it comes down to actually cooking I just don't love it.  My idea of a great dinner is cereal, or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  Its both easy and super delicious.  But, I know that practice makes perfect, and I will learn to make things eventually!!

No comments:

Post a Comment