Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Crazy Moments!

What a week! The last week has been full of crazy moments.  I have experienced a funny embarrassing moment, a blond moment and a sad moment.  Here are the stories in order:


I went to my brother in law Nick's seminary graduation with my mother in law Wendy.  We were sitting on the very back bench in the chapel closest to the door. The outside door that was near us was locked and some people had tried to get in so Wendy ran out and opened the door for them.  About five minutes later, during the opening hymn another couple had come up to the locked door and were knocking on the glass so someone would hear them.  So I tell Wendy Its my turn I'll get up and get the door.  That day I had chosen to wear my super cute hot pink heels that are a size too big.  I wore them at my wedding even and I love them! But everytime I wear them I have to stuff them with loads of toilet paper. So I go to open the door and I try to run so they'll stop knocking, but it turned out to be more of a fast shuffle and my left foot almost slid out of my shoe and totally threw off my balance.  To keep from face planting I start hopping on one foot while trying to keep my shoe on and not trip. I looked ridiculous! Wendy glanced up and saw the last hop and the very embarrassed expression on my face and immediately started laughing which made me laugh and we laughed uncontrollably all the way through the prayer.  Little did I know there was a lady sitting out in the foyer on the chair and she grabbed the door while watching everything I did.  Wendy tried to make me feel better by telling me  no one saw it, but the lady in the foyer saw and a family on the back row were giggling when I walked back in.  It was hilarious! And Nick is glad that I'm not blood related to him.


The blond moment happened yesterday as I was trying to make cupcakes.  Andrew's aunt gave me a cookbook filled with 101 cupcake recipes and I was so excited to test it out.  I pulled them out of the oven and they looked good until the middle caved in and left a big hole in each one. I read over the recipe ten times trying to understand what I did wrong.  Finally we figured out that the recipe called for a brownie mix and I used a cake mix! I was also trying to make some chocolate ganache to top them off and the recipe called for one cup of whipping cream and I used the whole pint!  I should really learn to read and continue taking notes during cake boss and cupcake wars. Although they didn't work out at all they still taste delicious. 


The sad moment is a story I learned this morning at 6:45 am.  My sister text me telling me that she spent the last four hours in the emergency room.  She woke up with a severe pain on her right side.  It hurt to sit, stand, lay down.. everything, so my parents took her to the hospital.  They thought it was appendicitis, but after a cat scan they found out she has a kidney infection and a large kidney stone. ouch!  They drugged her up on morphine and she just has to wait for the blasted thing to pass. I feel so bad for her!  I told her the cause was probably the sky coaster at lagoon that she did on saturday haha. The last time I went to lagoon I walked out of there feeling extremely sick, my sister walked out with a kidney stone. She let me blog about her in hopes of receiving lots of presents and friends jk lets pray for her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment