Friday, April 29, 2011

After the mission:

Ok so even though I didn't write him during his mission, I still thought about him a lot and I knew about the time that he would be coming home and I was very much single.  It was February 2009 and I was giving my good friend Dayna a baby shower at my house.  Suddenly I got a text message from an unknown number.  I read the text and it said.. "so did you wait for me?"  Right away I knew it was Andrew.  You can all probably imagine my response. I said.. "yeah I did!" 
We texted back and forth for a little while and he invited me to his homecoming talk the next day.  I was extremely nervous!  I hadn't talked to him or seen him in so long. So my friend Danielle was so nice and came with me for support, because girls can't go anywhere by themselves. 
He finished with his talk and I patiently waited in the line of people to see him.  I actually held off on going up to him for a long time because I had no idea what to say!  Um hi so yeah sorry about not writing you but welcome home I still think your incredibly cute.  Luckily I didn't have to say that because when I finally did go up to him he didn't say a word he just gave me a huge hug. And then he invited me over to his house for lunch.  But I had previous plans to do my visiting teaching so I couldn't go.
That night he text me and asked if I would like to join him in a movie night at his friends house.  Of course I said yes. We spent the whole movie cuddling and talking about everything that had happened in the past two years. Yes we were cuddling!  He definitely wasn't in the awkward afraid -of -touching -a- girl -returned -missionary mode.  Totally fine by me.  It came time to leave and we walked out to my car. I had driven over to his friends house and he had his brother drop him off so I offered him a ride home.  I pulled up to his house and we sat in the car and talked for a few minutes.  He asked when he would see me again and I said, well I'm free tomorrow. He leaned over to hug me goodnight and he got extremely close to my lips. My heart was racing! I was not expecting this at all! and then he pulled away and said, "ok I'm sorry, I'm not ready for that." I told him it was alright he would have another chance tomorrow if he hung out with me. 
The next night we hung out and had a poker night at his friends house. And yes he did kiss me! He made the move.  I was still very surprised but not opposed. We spent every single day together that week.  When the weekend came around he asked me if I had plans saturday.  I said no and asked why? He said, "Well its Valentines Day and a bunch of my mission friends are getting together and I want you to be my date."  Whoa! our real first date?? Absolutely!
Saturday night he arrived at my house with a bouquet of pink roses and a heart shaped locket.  I had no idea we were supposed to get each other gifts. I spent the whole day worrying about the perfect outfit and how I should do my hair. And here he was with roses and a necklace. What a sweetheart!  I could definitely get used to going on dates with him. We then went to The Pie downtown.  We drove with a few of his friends and we arrived a little bit earlier than the rest of the group.  We were standing against the wall in The Pie and he looked extremely nervous. I thought maybe the whole first date jitters were getting to him. But that didn't make sense because we had been inseparable the past week and he had kissed me numerous times before his mission and after.  So I couldn't believe that a date would make him nervous.  Finally he looked at me and said that he had something he needed to ask me and that I could think about it if I wanted to.  I said ok, and I was thinking that he was probably going to ask me what kind of pizza I wanted, which would have been a tough choice. But he surprised me once again and asked, "will you be my girlfriend?" Without hesitating I said of course!  This boy is full of surprises!
After The Pie we went dancing at studio 600.  He and his friend Shaun serenaded me and Shaun's girlfriend Jenny to a karaoke number of Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard. And then we danced the night away! It was the perfect Valentines Day and the perfect first date.  That night after he dropped me off I just kept thinking how grateful I was that things were working out so perfectly. I was a little surprised that he even wanted to see me after I disappeared for two years because I was afraid.
Well things continued to work out very well.  We literally saw each other every day unless one of us had plans that we couldn't get out of.  That summer he invited me on a trip to Pasadena, CA with his family.  It was our first trip together and it was a blast! That summer we also took a road trip up to Post Falls, ID where his grandma lived.  We spent about five days with her.  That was probably one of the funnest trips I had been on.  A few months later he invited me to another little family trip to D.C. and New York.  Everything thus far had been perfect! We were crazy about each other and had the summer of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment